Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Perfect 10 Ham Sandwich

So this whole yoga thing has been amazing. I went to my first Bikram session on Saturday and was pleased to find that I chose the best time ever to come; this whole week is free to new members. And on that note, we got started.

The one rule to Bikram is that you can’t leave the room. I managed to break that rule my first session. I basically started to pass out (I’ve passed out enough times before to know that losing sight and hearing are not great signs), so the instructor grabbed me a coconut water. Coconut water is high in potassium and natural electrolytes and it hydrates the body super quickly. I felt better in seconds.

But then I had something in my stomach. Something that came up. Yes, I vomited in the yoga studio. Super sexy. Into a towel. And then, when they let me leave the room, into the toilet.

But I went back into the room and I survived, albeit barely. Turns out I was far more dehydrated than I could have ever guessed.

Since then, I’ve gone every night (except Tuesday. There was a free concert to take advantage of) and the benefits are incredible. I’m sleeping faster, harder and dreaming about everything from cruises to robot T-Rexes. Yoga is my current drug and the high lasts for days.

At least that’s what I tell myself as I stretch myself into impossible positions with names like “Awkward” and “Japanese Ham Sandwich.”

The only problem is that my free week runs out this Sunday. And then I have another week of different yoga (more feelings and music, less heat). And then… DVD yoga? I have no clue, but I can’t afford an actual plan. Choices, choices.

Then again, I deserve it right? I mean, if I’m this excited about it? Off to my 8 o'clock class now!

Japanese Ham Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment