Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rom-Com Journalist Types


I seldom blog on the weekends, but I just spent my morning watching "Morning Glory" which came yesterday from Netflix and features a super-amazingly-gorgeous Rachel McAdams (I totally have a girl crush). The movie very obviously plays to a specific target audience. But as a rom-com loving, hardworking female journalist, I definitely fall into that category. I find McAdams easy to relate to, partly because she's a struggling journalist and partly because I've had bangs before, too; I know how tempting it is to tussle them every two seconds.

Anyway, the movie literally had my eyes watering from laughing at times. It's no Academy Award winner, but when I discussed it with my fellow female journalist (and super close friend/sister/Bahama buddy) Laura Nelson, I mentioned that I was tempted to buy the movie. Truth is, I love those journalistic rom-coms. Sure, they're unrealistic; I mean, one would assume that all journalists are 25 and gorgeous. But they're feel good movies with strong central female roles that I relate to. Needless to say, I own way too many of them.

And now, for no apparent reason and jut because I want to, here's a list of all the  journalism/writing movies I can think of (and I own most of them!):
  • The Devil Wears Prada
  • How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
  • 13 Going on 30
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • Letters to Juliet 
  • Julie and Julia
  • Eat, Pray, Love
  • Bridget Jones' Diary
  • Little Women
  • 27 Dresses (she works at a magazine)
  • Under the Tuscan Sun
  • Post Grad
  • Morning Glory
  • Sex in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment