Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today's Obsession: Christian Louboutin

I did a post last week about classic clothes and investing in timeless pieces. As luck would have it, I just received a book manuscript for I Have Nothing to Wear by Jill Martin and Dana Ravich. And while I won’t divulge all that’s covered in the soon-to-come book, I will say that it tickled my fancy.

It kind of reminded me of another book, A Guide to Elegance: For Every Woman Who Wants to Be Well and Properly Dressed on All Occasions by Genevienve Antoine Dariaux. I haven’t actually read the title, but I’ve read excerpts (when I went on a rampage to find etiquette books). For a while, I’ve been trying to classy up my wardrobe by filling it with timeless pieces. The problem is I’m poor. Oh well.

Today’s obsession is an obvious timeless classic. Day-to-night black stilettos that aren’t too high or too pointy. Unfortunate confession? I actually don’t own a pair of simple black pumps. Rainbow, yes, but not black. They come in a variety of colors and shines, but classic black leather can go with jeans or a suit. And while these babies are a pretty penny, they have that famous red bottom. Ohhh so sexy. Obsessed.

Christian Louboutin – Simple 100 Pumps in black, $595

No comments:

Post a Comment