Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today's Obsession: Pola(d)roid

So... more photography nerdy-ness, I know. But who doesn't love a Polaroid camera, right? I remember when I first used them for Girl Scout crafts in first grade. They're just as awesome now as they were then. The only problem is that they cost an arm and a leg. But last summer, when I was obsessing over Polaroid pictures, I found this program called Poladroid, which allows you to alter digital pictures. It ages them in a very authentic-looking way and adds the border. You can even watch them develop on your desktop. Nifty, no?

So I've been using the program. And yesterday, I decorated my cubicle with printed out "Poladroids" of some of my favorite pictures. It looks adorable, if I do say so myself (I do). But anyway, today I was looking at some old retro-esque cameras and cameras with funky effects (UrbanOutfitters has a bunch of funktastic cameras. I mean, who doesn't want a Lego camera??).

Anyway, sometime since last summer, Polaroid re-released their classic instant cameras. No more $50 film, no more ridiculously expensive cameras. Same aged, awesome instant development. I'm sooo stoked. I think it goes without saying (but I'll so it anyway) that today's obsession is this camera. Cue the Outkast, prepare your fingers, and get ready to "shake it like a Polaroid picture." Obsessed.

Polaroid 300 Instant Camera, $89, and film, $10 for pack of ten

Check out some sample "Poladroids" and a picture of my cubicle after the jump!



No comments:

Post a Comment