Thursday, February 17, 2011

Today's Obsession: Michael Kors

I'm wearing one silver and one gold ring today and it's tripping me out every time I look down at the keyboard. Wearing gold is just a little disconcerting for me. I think of gold much the way I think of red lipstick or pearls or high heels. There comes a time in a woman's life when she is allowed to wear it, but I used to think that the gold stepping stone didn't come until your thirties. That would be fine except that I'm in a sorority with a gold pin. So sometimes I feel the need to match.

See, silver and gold look great mixed together on a Christmas tree, but not so much when they're ornamenting someone's body. Kind of like black and brown... Coordinating black and brown is difficult, but admittedly doable. All it takes is a piece to pull it all together (like my black and brown cowboy boots).

My favorite piece to bring together my 10-year-old side (silver) and my 40-year-old side (gold) is a watch. And today's obsession is this watch from Michael Kors. Kors has a way with creating "polishing" pieces. As his site says, "finishing off your look is all in the wrist." And my wrist could do with a little finishing, a little polish, a little icing. It's actually on my 2011 Bucket List to buy myself this watch. I know it's a little expensive but I've wanted it forever and it's something I want to give to myself. Investing in classic pieces is an investment, not a splurge. And I don't particularly mind paying for quality. Plus... it's just so shiny and pretty and perfect. Obsessed.



Michael Kors Two-Tone Womens Chronograph Watch, $225

No comments:

Post a Comment