Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today's Obsession: David Yurman (kind of)

So I know that some of my daily obsessions are a little, how do you say... indulgent? expensive? all of the above? Well I flipped through a copy of ELLE today and came across a David Yurman ad. His stuff is so simplistically classic, but even in a theoretical blog world, I can't bring myself to stomach his price tags.

So instead I did a little snooping and found a couple of websites that sell knock-off and replica jewelry at prices that are as pleasant to look at as the actual items. The trick is to search for "designer inspired" pieces. Please note that I have no clue how legally sound it is to sell (or buy) knock-off things on the Internet, but most sites have a disclaimer and clearly point out that while the jewelry is inspired by certain designers, they are not replicas. Similar, but not the same. Also, I don't really recommend buying from some of the sites that popped up. Many are just downright sketch.

But I found a site called It's A Lot Alike that sells some pretty stuff for a pretty penny. So today's obsession is David Yurman-"inspired" jewelry. Some favorites include this bracelet and this super awesome ring. With the mix of silver and gold, don't you think they'd pair well with that Michael Kors watch? Obsessed.

Aqua & Blue Multi Stone Cable Designer Inspired Bracelet, $38 
 
 Designer Like Lemon Yellow Ring, $25

No comments:

Post a Comment