Monday, February 14, 2011

Today's Obsession: Vintage Hats

As I mentioned, I watched a couple fashion films last night. I'll happily admit that I'm a fan of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Gone with the Wind and other so-called classics. The elegance that the women possess--or pretend to possess in Miss Holly Golightly's case--is addictive. I'm a huge fan of the Jackie O style, of swing jackets and Mary Jane shoes and bright lipstick.

And watching such movies makes me wonder why the hell women ever stopped wearing hats. I don't mean the hipster fedora obsession, but cloche and pillbox hats. Hats take an outfit and add a touch more style and a lot of polish. So today's obsession is this hat (and this one too!). Both are strikingly different, but a conversation piece all their own. They are simple, elegant and both would look even more provocative paired with some super sexy red lipstick :) Jackie and Audrey would be so proud. Obsessed.

 Vintage Red Sail Boat Hat, $38

Vintage Snow Angel 50s White Bunny Fur Hat, $24, both on etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment